- Knowledge management
- Process improvement
- Quality Control
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
To assist Associate Directors within the Lenders Services department, taking responsibility for start to end service delivery.
To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost monitoring service.
The Senior Cost Consultant will handle commissions of varying size and complexity.
Commission Management, to include:
- Preparing Loan Monitoring reports for all asset classes related to real estate throughout Ontario.
- Interfacing with the Client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Assisting in research related to construction market conditions throughout Canada, including analysis of official published data
Marketing and business Development, to include:
- Assisting Associate Directors in developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct proposals for new work or variations for existing projects
- Identifying opportunities to improve cost monitoring procedures, templates and products referring ideas to the appropriate line manager
- Taking Key Account responsibility for allocated Clients
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal databases and shared.
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes referring ides to the appropriate line manager
- Quality Control – Ensuring compliance with quality standards and participation in ISO audits
The Senior Cost Consultant will report to an Associate Director.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
A Senior Cost Consultant will in part be assessed by the extent to which:
- Commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Service delivery on commissions is in line with the conditions of appointment
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and cross-functional team members
- They work as an effective team member within the context of delivering a specific commission
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross-selling opportunities, are identified
- Key information and data is effectively shared and appropriately retained
- 4 years experience delivering pre-construction and construction cost monitoring services. Additional experience will be an advantage.
- A recognized University Degree in Quantity Surveying or related field
Working towards or achievement of professional designation within relevant Professional Organizations such as the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (CIQS); The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); and/or Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE)