Commercial Manager: Fort McMurray, Canada
Systech International is a leading international dispute resolution consultancy with appointments on the world's major engineering, energy, infrastructure, and construction projects, established in 1991 and now with over 500 professionals working from 25 international offices.
We provide Quantity Surveying Project Controls and Scheduling, and Claims/Dispute services on various projects including power plants, oil and gas, major building and civils engineering projects, etc.
Canadian Role: Commercial Manager (Oil and Gas / Process Engineering background)
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager with a minimum 15 years experience which should include at least 5 years within the Oil and Gas / Process Engineering sector.
To be considered for this role you will hold a BSc in Quantity Surveying and will be a member of the RICS or CIQS. You will have a minimum 5 years experience delivering similar services with a large main/general contractor.
You will also posses the following:
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following skills:
- Extensive working knowledge of industry standard forms of contract.
- Extensive experience of procurement strategies and activities.
- Experience in preparing and negotiating the commercial aspects of sizeable construction contracts.
- Strong experience of dealing with, negotiating, and settling variation/change orders with clients/owners, main/general contractors, and subcontractors
- Experience of preparing and defending construction claims and disputes.
- Ability to manage issues on a number of projects concurrently.
An ideal candidate will have operated in a senior commercial role for a large contractor or will have served as Senior Commercial Manager on a number of large projects. This is a business unit focused role, based in client's regional offices and operating across executive and project levels.
- Contracts management of major projects
- Team player and proactive
- Review/negotiation of contract terms and conditions during bid phase, liaising with Finance, Legal and Operations. Identify and mitigate risks.
- Responsible for Change/Claims management and monitoring of financial performance of multiple projects at time.
- Identify deficiencies in existing project control systems and procedures and design and implement contractual and commercial control systems across business unit
- Claim identification, preparation/defence and negotiation
- Commercial negotiations with consortium partners and sub-contractors