Senior Contracts/Commercial Manager - Calgary, Canada
Systech International is a leading international contacts, commercial management, and dispute resolution consultancy with appointments on the world's major engineering, energy, infrastructure, and building projects. Established in 1991, the company has 500 professionals working in 27 offices located worldwide.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Contracts/Commercial Manager in Calgary Canada.
Desired Expertise: contracts administration, contracts engineer, contracts management, EPC contracts, claims and disputes, post-award commercial management.
· Minimum 20years of relevant work experience at least 10 of which should be in oil and gas and related project commercial / contract / change management and claims arena.
· Minimum Bachelors degree in a construction related profession such as Quantity Surveying.
· Preferred to be affiliated with RICS, CIArb, CIOB, LLB or other recognized professional body.
· Working knowledge of industry standard forms and bespoke forms of contract.
· Extensive experience of procurement strategies and activities.
· Experience in preparing and negotiating the commercial aspects of construction contracts.
· Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
· Significant experience managing the contractual and commercial aspects of major lump sum, turnkey, EPC projects.
· Experience of Energy related, Upstream and Downstream Oil and Gas, Power, Heavy Industrial Projects.
· Good technical background and knowledge of oil and gas and energy construction sectors.
· Demonstrated experience in pricing, change management, contract law, contract interpretation, administration and negotiation.
· Experience of dispute resolution.
· Good team player, open to exploring opportunities and options
· A keen eye for the essential, able to prioritize workload and achieve deadlines under pressure.
· Provide appropriate support and guidance to the Project Director for the effective commercial management of the main contract, all sub-contracts and purchase orders.
· Ability to analyze project financial data, prepare progress payments and billings in accordance with contract terms and requirements.
· Coordinate and monitor compliance with the contract obligations, as assigned, including reviews of incoming and outgoing correspondence for commercial exposure, submittals, etc.
· Ability to develop and monitor project change management to ensure that our clients entitlement to additional time and compensation is appropriately documented and notified to the client in a timely fashion.
· Ability to monitor schedule performance and cost trends to identify opportunities for revenue enhancement, schedule relief and risk mitigation.
· Ability to identify client directed or caused change to the scope of work, and assess the resulting impact on cost and schedule.
· Ability to prepare and document complex change orders and claims, and negotiate same through to conclusion