Regional Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Manager
Group SHEQ Manager
The Regional SHEQ Manager will undertake day to day arrangements for implementing Group SHEQ Policy, advising Group SHEQ Manager on matters requiring attention of the Board and advising management on all aspects of SHEQ at work. The Regional SHEQ Manager is also responsible for the design, development and validation of all in house SHEQ training.
- Provide management direction across the region with regards to SHEQ Management and Compliance.
- Understand the Group SHEQ Policies and the Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the Group’s operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented within their region.
- Assist in maintaining and seeking continuous improvement in the Group SHEQ policies and procedures in relation to current industry best practice and minimum statutory requirements.
- Ensure an ongoing team of SHEQ Co-ordinators is in place to provide support in all SHEQ matters related to Regional operations. Manage the development and structure of this team to ensure that the ongoing needs of the Region and its strategy are met.
- Manage all matters connected with accident prevention including the legal requirements for safety, health and welfare and participate as required in any investigations into accidents or dangerous occurrences.
- Carry out investigation of injuries, environmental accidents, dangerous occurrences and other incidents where necessary and where appropriate as requested by the Group SHEQ Manager.
- Ensure incidents are reported, recorded and tracked in line with Group systems.
- With the Group SHEQ Manager, assist in ensuring that external SHEQ accreditations are maintained.
- Be involved in the provision, review, updating, relevance and quality of the SHEQ content of training provided by the Group.
- Ensure appropriate reports and records are kept on behalf of the Region including the provision of monthly SHEQ reports to the Regional Directors and Managers.
- Maintain necessary liaisons with SHEQ Department Managers in other companies.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of procedures to ensure that the Region maintains compliance against Group management systems through a regular review of Regional performance to include an update of the SHEQ Procedures & H&S manual.
- Monitor and supervise the activities and workload of the operational teams and advise senior management on the allocation of resources as is appropriate with regards to SHEQ management on site.
- Be available to advise on the assessment and appointment of sub-contractors.
- When requested, advise on preparation of risk assessments/safety method statements.
- Support Group SHEQ Manager in monitoring of progress against SHEQ objectives and targets.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
- NVQ 4 Occupational Health and Safety Practise (preferable.)
- H&S Diploma level (preferable)
- NEBOSH Certificate General (essential)
- NEBOSH Certificate Construction (preferable)
- Experience of devising and delivering Health & Safety training
- Computer literate
- Proven track record within construction industry
- Previous experience of managing a team in a Health & Safety capacity.
- Environmental and Quality qualifications (preferable)
- Confident, approachable team player who uses their initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to lead a team in an inspirational and forward thinking manner.
- Willingness to travel nationally and spend nights away from home as required.