Are you an expert in offshore cabling? Looking for a position that rewards innovation and creativity?
My client are currently looking for an experienced cable system expert to strengthen our grid access innovation oriented activities. The aim is, together with your colleagues, to provide innovation into the area of Cables and Electrical systems for Medium and High voltage grid connections of Offshore Wind Farms, leading to significant cost reductions. The locations are Vejle and Brande
As a Cable system Expert, you are responsible for providing specialized technical and commercial knowledge from the early beginning of the innovation project and until hand over of the concept. In some cases you will also take part in the project execution, implementing the new concepts.
More specifically, your assignments will cover:
- You have the full overview of the complex electrical distribution system or in a wind farm, and you can communicate this information in a clear and customer oriented way
- Participating in development of new products and grid interfaces at turbine as well as at wind farm level
- Documentation of the results within your area of responsibility
- Responsible for technical and cost aspects of cable feasibility studies. Perform rough dimensioning calculations
- Form link to the LCoE office with regard to input to LCoE calculations on to the Cable side of EPC projects
- Be responsible for the technical part of partnering, special project or sub supplier discussions on Cable innovation projects
- Drive the innovation process in relation to electrical packages and interfaces
- Monthly reporting for the group towards Offshore management on Cable projects
- Prepare detailed cost calculations for cable innovation projects
- Conduct Cable systems risk workshops on key areas such as: Design, Approval, provision main equipment, assembly process, installation process
- Cost comparison between classical cable systems and new concepts.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a strong technical background and a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering combined with 5+ years' of relevant experience from the wind turbine business or from the offshore, consultancy, utility, manufacturing or construction industries
- It will be an advantage if you have participated in execution of international large scale projects
- You are proactive, open-minded and well-structured and capable of creating and maintaining an overview of complex systems
- You have a positive, innovative mindset with a commercial approach to business, and you are good at networking
- You possess excellent communication skills in English, orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact with your CV, covering letter, and preferred location (Vejle or Brande)