Health and Safety Assistant Required – Canary Wharf – Up to £32k basic + Benefits Package – Top 10 Construction Main Contractor
My Client is one of the world’s most exclusive construction companies . They are seeking someone to assist their project H&S Manager on a new flagship development in East London. They are looking for an up and coming individual that is ambitious and career minded. You don’t need to have major project experience, just the right attitude and have previous construction experience.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support to senior management on all issues relating the Health and Safety
- Supporting the maintenance of management systems in compliance with OHSAS 18001 for all work activities of the company
- Supporting the monitoring of the Health and Safety performance of projects and the company overall through the development and implementation of Health and Safety Inspections and Audits programmes.
- Supporting the arrangements for the management of Health and Safety non-conformances and their close out through corrective and preventive action tracking.
- Assisting with administration of monthly reports for the board of directors ensuring they are kept up to date with changes to Health and Safety legislation, advised of relevant Health and Safety prosecutions, informed of company incidents and incident rates.
Knowledge and Experience:
- General knowledge or background in construction.
- Experience dealing with Health and Safety and industrial relations issues
- Knowledge of risk management processes.
Education and Qualifications:
- Construction related degree or apprenticeship desirable but not essential
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
If you would like to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV to the email address provided