Health & Safety Advisor - Asbestos / Demolition - £40k - Surrey. A busy demolition and asbestos removal business based outside of South London is seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to lead the H&S function in-house.
About the Client:
As a long-established business, we are currently turning over in excess of £8m and provide Demolition and Asbestos Management/Removal services to all sectors within the built environment. We have a skilled, directly employed team and own the majority of our plant, so can deliver small scale demolition to £multimillion complex decommissioning and demolition to the highest of standards. My client is looking for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor in and around Surrey.
About the Role:
* Carrying out site audits and inspections and write reports on H&S performance.
* Ensure compliance with H&S legislation and industry standards.
* Create suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Offering advice, guidance and coaching on all H&S matters to project staff, including direct employees, sub-contractors, supply chain and the client as required.
* Undertaking incident and accident investigations as required.
* Identify H&S training needs and delivering high-level toolbox talks to address and build on training.
* Engage with the site staff, educating them in regards to HSE policy and company programmes.
* Support and maintain the companies accredited Health, Safety and Environment management systems
About the Candidate:
* Experience working with Asbestos in any capacity (Either as a Main Contractor, Housing Association or Sub-Contractor)
* Holder of a NEBOSH
* Member of IEMA would be advantageous
* Holder of P40x asbestos certificates would also be advantageous
* Good eye for detail, and a driven person keen to help a business take Health & Safety to the next level
Points of Appeal:
* Ownership of H&S function within the business
* Can travel from home - site - home on days where you don't need to be in the office
* Work for a company that has a strong focus on sustainable ways of working
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Humres Recruitment. We often have knowledge of passive vacancies that companies are not advertising but would like to see talented individuals for. Feel free to contact us to discuss.