Our client, a leading design and engineering consultancy, is looking for a UK Health & Safety Manager to head up their Environment and Health department. They focus on the building, transport and water sectors amongst others, hence you will be working on a variety of projects. The successful candidate will report to the UK Managing Principal and help support the Europe and Africa H&S Director. Whilst Birmingham would be the preferred location, this role can be based in any of our client's UK offices!
This is an internal role where you will be working on all the QHSE processes and policies for the company.
- Incorporating best practice and new H&S legislature into the business
- Provide support and guidance to staff
- Identify budgetary and resource requirements
- Chair our client's UK Health & Safety Forum
- Approve pre-construction plans
- Conducting risk assessments and develop safe working procedures
- A degree in a relevant subject (2.1 or higher)
- CMIOSH (or clear evidence of structured plan to achieve this within 12 months of appointment)
- Proven ability and aptitude to interact with staff at a range of levels, providing support, advice, guidance and assistance across a range of HS and related areas. This ability should extend to clients and other third parties.
- Day to day management of multiple project workloads.
- Well-developed time management skills, initiative and the ability to work without continuous supervision.
- Provision of realistic, cost-effective on-site HS advice within a range of industrial / commercial applications
- Excellent knowledge of UK HS legislation and Industry-accepted best practice and its application in real-life situations
- Preparation of written / electronic reports and presentation of findings to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Generation / development of HS business opportunities and their conversion into projects.
- Experience undertaking site based risk assessments
- A full UK drivers licence and eligibility to work in the UK