Our client is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Officer to oversee multiple exterior and some interior restoration projects on grade I & II listed buildings within London.
About the Company: Our client is a well-respected specialist with 25 years of experience in interior and exterior restoration market across London and the surrounding areas. Projects range across multiple sectors from High Specification Residential, Government, Private, Public and Leisure sectors. The have worked on many prestigious projects including numerous London Theatres, Victoria Station and the Park Lane Hilton. Most of their work comes from repeat business and prestigious client referrals.
Due to the on-going expansion of the company and winning of new projects in and around London our client is looking for a Health and Safety Officer. As part of the continued development of their London-based operations they are seeking an experienced construction professional with a proven track-record in Heath and Safety. To succeed in this role you will be expected to carry out the following roles and responsibilities with a comfortable level of autonomy:
- Ensure application and enforcement of all company policies and procedures on Health & Safety.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety, environmental legislation, codes of practice and any other relevant literature.
- To ensure that each project is in possession of the relevant health and safety documentation.
- Ensure the provision of advice and assistance to site management in order that they may fulfil their responsibilities under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Ensure targets and objectives are met – safety, accident analysis, etc.
- Identify, implement and recommend areas for improvement.
- Identify health and safety training needs on a continual basis and carry out training of company staff as appropriate.
- To carry out and report on accident investigations as required.
- To ensure site inductions are carried out effectively and recommend improvements.
- Undertake site inspections and audits to ensure compliance.
- Conduct monitoring inspections of contractors undertaking high risk operations & verify their compliance with previously agreed method statements & risk assessments.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture through company policy and set a personal example of safe behaviour
- Ensure company are operating to standards set out in BSOHSAS 18001 to retain certification
About the Benefits/Rewards:
The Salary will be dependent on your level and experience within the industry. The company offers excellent opportunities and offers a basic salary between £45,000-£55,000 + car allowance.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Teaching qualification PETUS or AET desirable
- 5 + years in the Construction industry
The successful candidate will be passionate about their career and would suit either a candidate looking to take a step into management role or somebody who has been successful in a previous health and safety role. The Candidate must be willing to cover the London region and be able to travel to the company’s offices in SW London when required.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV to Jon @ cityscapeltd.com