Experienced Quantity Surveyor Wanted! - To join a dynamic team within the Bristol region.
We have a Quantity Surveyor position which has become available within an award-winning national developer in the South West regions. The client is keen to take on a knowledgeable Quantity Surveyor who will be working on projects in and around the Bristol area.
Being part of this company will give you the opportunity to develop an extensive and desirable portfolio, working on some of the most diverse schemes being constructed within the region. The successful candidate will be working on complex and challenging residential and high-rise developments, working on projects up to the value of £30 million. We are looking for someone who has a strong portfolio working on various types of schemes, the client is open to the type of background applicants are from.
This opportunity offers an attractive salary with numerous benefits including a company car/ car allowance, health-care and pension to name a few.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Help to establish a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- Perform risk, value management, and cost control;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Offer advice on property taxation;
- Provide post-occupancy advice, facilities management services, and life-cycle costing advice;
- Advice on the maintenance costs of specific buildings.
- Preparing of contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials
- Value completed work and arrange payments analysing completed work and arranging payment to contractors
- Provide advice on contractual claim
- Site visits, assessments, and projections for future work
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages;
- The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people;
- Negotiation and teamwork skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site;
- Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters.
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent;
- Experience working on larger value schemes;
- Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success working long term with reputable companies;
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages.
If you think this opportunity is right for you and you want to know more please click on the \'apply now\' button and submit your CV. Alternatively, you can contact Fiona Corbett for a confidential chat on - 0117 934 9555.